Published: 14 June 2017
How will you celebrate your freedom this July 4th?
Presbyterian Manor invites community members to go online, choose a card for an older adult veteran (it’s free) and type a brief personal note to thank them for their service to our country. We’ll print the card and deliver it on July 3rd, 2017, to one of our senior adult residents who served in the armed forces.
OUR GOAL: 300 cards (so each veteran will receive 3 – 4 cards)
(1) From June 14th – June 28th: go to presmanor.org
(2) Choose the card design you like
(3) Type in a personal note about how your freedom makes you feel!
What will happen:
(1) On July 3rd, 2017, we’ll print out the cards and deliver them to our residents who have served their country in the armed forces (some are independent and some are in nursing care)
(2) You’ll make Independence Day very special for some very special older adults
(1) Because no one should forget what a veteran has gone through for us
(2) Because we want them to feel appreciated
(3) Because just a few words can mean so much
It’s free! It only takes a moment! We’ll post pictures of veterans receiving their cards so you can see the smiles yourself!
Thank you for reaching out and showing these veterans that we don’t take our freedom or their service for granted!
About Presbyterian Manor, Inc.
Presbyterian Manor, Perkins-Prothro Health Care and The House of Hope operate under one organizational umbrella and seek to provide a non-profit, faith-sponsored solution for older adults in all seasons of life. Governed by a local board of volunteers, the organization has been in existence since 1980. Both the independent retirement living facility (Presbyterian Manor) and the licensed nursing facility (Perkins-Prothro Health Care) are located at 4600 Taft Boulevard, Wichita Falls, Texas, 76308. The Earle W. Crawford House of Hope provides long-term specialized Alzheimer’s and dementia care and is located at 5100 Stone Lake Drive, Wichita Falls, Texas, 76310.
Published: 05 June 2017
Published: 10 April 2016
We WANT to hear your story about how God is working in your life and how KMOC has impacted you. Please take a couple of minutes to share your story. It's easy...just call us on the KMOC Story Line!
We are super excited to hear your story!
The 89.5 KMOC Story Line: 940.222.5895